22 SEP 2014 :: New online directions

There is always so much going on in my life and in the world...how do you focus on just one or more things for a blog?  I don't know.  :-)

I was busy with something and it seemed like a good time to start a KICKSTARTER account. I had checked into the site a long time back, but couldn't remember if I actually started an account or was just doing some research about what was required.  I went ahead and tried the two emails I would have used if I did already have an account. The screen told me no. I looked in my records for some kind of reference about it, and I couldn't find any. So, I went ahead and tried to start another one.

I am new to the Facebook sign-in link, so I thought I would try that link and see if it went somewhere. Who knows what happened. I finally went through the start your account with an email pathway and discovered, on my profile, eventually, that I was a "member" since OCT 2012. I don't know why that didn't show up when I entered my emails. 

Then I decided to start a draft project and see how it would go, what I need to get, how it is structured, and all those kinds of details. I didn't know what project to do first, but it seemed like the book update would be the easiest to enter. I will try a few more drafts before I decide which project to start with. This is a personal account, so the projects have to pertain to me (I think).

I couldn't proceed until I got verified about 20 different ways. (That's an exaggeration but it felt like twenty!) When I went to verify with Amazon Payments, it eventually showed that my Amazon account, which I had started in order to list my booklet as a PDF sale some time ago (but couldn't because Amazon wants ISBNs and retail codes to make listings -- and you have to buy those now) seemed to be somehow the same.  Not sure, but it seemed that way.

Then, on the 21st, I tried to make a comment on a video and wound up signing up for a YOU TUBE account. It has been on my "to do" list for a long time, but I thought YouTube was all about uploading videos. It isn't. I guess you can create subscriptions for all the other "channels" on YouTube and get their info somehow...maybe like Twitter and Facebook.  I wasn't able to see any of the visuals when I tried to watch some videos...only the audios. I hope that problem goes away.

I don't have a video camera yet...lots of movie ideas, though. I will have to check again if the YouTube account is personal or business, but I think it was personal. There are registration issues to figure out for the difference. I discovered that you can make a video with photos, kind of like a PowerPoint in movie format, so I am going to see what I can create for my Kickstarter projects.

I tried to link Facebook and Twitter to Kickstarter. I think I succeeded, but it seems like you sign your online life away when you do that. I haven't figured it out yet. I am trying to see what all these links do as I go through the process for Etsy and Kickstarter and Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest and now YouTube.  :-)  I will finally get the hang of it all and probably die the next day!  :-)

Today I have been occupied trying to catch up with deskwork that went undone while I was caring for the garden and pets where I live. It took most of the day. I did get some of my goal processes sorted and reorganized. I sent two of my goal sheets to my son that just went back to jail on meth charges. I hope they will help him to start thinking about his future...no matter where we are, there are things to plan, things to get done, directions to move in. One of the personal projects I want to do is called "Letters to Inmates." I am debating whether to make it a Kickstarter campaign.

It is so hard to see your children suffer and not be able to help them.

It was my first letter since his arrest. I just didn't know what to say. Drugs are going to devastate this country even more now that they are being legalized. They destroy minds and bodies and cause terrible things to happen to the drug user and to the innocent people around them.

I want to see some lawsuits about second-hand marijuana smoke. I would pay for them myself if I had the money. I don't want to breathe it, and it's going to lead to the repeated downfall of millions of drug addicts who are trying to regain their lives.  If it's suppose to be a medicine, it needs to go through the production and approval process that all medicines do, and it needs to be purchased at pharmacies, not the local marijuana store.  :-( 

I think that the government has lost its own mind approving this change in America.

I suppose that's enough for now. Will talk to you again tomorrow, GOD willing.  Pray for all my needs if you can...there are so many. Thanks.