5 FEB 2015 :: Spiritual Controversies

In the global church, there are some Bible passages that cause friction.  These verses are the reason we have so many denominations.  My focus, with Working Together, is the End Times and the changes that will take place as we see prophecies fulfilled.
 
I don't know if the topic of today's blog is one of those controversies, but I was reminded of something I discovered some years ago when I chose my Bible verse to share today at an Etsy forum thread for Christians....well, for anyone who reads and is inspired by the Bible.
 
The passage was Matthew 13:38-40 in the King James Version (KJV), shared below. I have highlighted the parts that apply to my viewpoint for this post and for my Etsy thread.
  • 38   The field is the world: the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one:  
  • 39   The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.  
  • 40   As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 
[ If you want to see the full Etsy forum entry, follow this link ::  
 
It is my understanding that the world we know will end by fire. In trying to find the verses to share what the Bible says, I found Revelation 20 again... a very important chapter.  Verse 11 is one of the references I would like you to keep in mind as I share my remembered theory.  I have highlighted the part that I am referring to ::
  • 11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away ; and there was found no place for them.
 
Many years ago, while watching a science program on PBS, it was mentioned that the sun was expanding and that, one day, it would explode.  I instantly realized that could be the tool that GOD was going to use to end the existence of Man.  Naturally, the program said it would be millions of years before that happened, but I thought, "How would they know what was really going on inside the sun!"  When we reach the point of GOD's final judgment, whatever is going to happen is going to happen.
 
I didn't do a full study for this post because it was a last-minute effort to look for some of the Bible verses that applied to this argument.  If I tried to share what the End Times verses are and explained them from my view, I would never be able to finish it.
 
One verse that came up under the search term "sun" was Revelation 16:8, below, which mentions the sun creating fire on earth.  I wanted to share it with you. We know there will be famines, and drought, so the heat of the sun is part of fulfilling prophecy.                                   
It may be that what we call global warming is on of the effects of the sun expanding, and all the pollution we have added to the atmosphere is another.
 
Let me know what you think.


==========
 
Please note:  I can't seem to get the post to enter right between paragraphs... will have to let it go after a number of tries.  Just wanted to let you know I tried to fix it.  :-)
 
Later :: I was finally able to fix most of the html coding to make the post appear right.