9 FEB 2015 :: Spreading the word...historical perspectives on abortion and activism.

It has been such a long weekend that I forgot it was Monday!   :-)   Time flies, huh!

I have been working on my spaces to get things done... and being busy with several things... things that are on the "to do" list, but that keep getting passed up for other important activities.

My FB page had a post I was shocked to find... a photo of two babies that were killed by a saline abortion... their skin blackened by the burning effects of salt on an unborn child.  I hadn't seen photos like that since the 60's or 70's...I'm not sure when, I don't keep track of the pro-life movement as a historian.  In those days there were lots of photos of what happens to a child in an abortion.  Activist pro-lifers would find the remains of abortions in the trash cans of abortion clinics.  The pro-choice/pro-abortion movement reacted by installing large garbage disposals in their facilities.

In the recent past, the knowledge of what happens in an abortion blended with my concern about the oceans as water is extracted for drinking.  If they keep putting the salt back into the ocean, won't it get even more unbalanced and burn/kill all the life in the ocean?

I didn't realize salt was so harmful.  I heard that Salt Lake has so much salt that you float and can't sink even if you want to.  So how much is too much?  I don't think there is anything alive in Salt Lake.

I would like to share another Facebook (FB) post I discovered and have been trying to find the creator of it.  It is also pro-life.  It made me think of how great it would be as a sticker to put on envelopes and other mailed or shared items. A sample is to the left. If you know who the creator is... let me know.

Samaritan's Purse has a great sticker for Operation Christmas Child, the shoebox gift program they operate.  I use it all year on as many mailed envelopes as I can so awareness is shared all year.  You can share a shoebox gift all year, not just at Christmas.  They deliver all year to far off places, and always need donations to cover the costs of the program.  You can even buy your shoebox online.  I haven't seen how it's done, but I have seen that the option is available.  I like to purchase the toys and other contents myself, but some like to do everything online.

I like the idea of using stickers as a seal for envelopes. It's marketing and an extra form of envelope security...to a point.  :-)  I am also going to get my Working Together logo made into a sticker for the same reasons.  (The sample below is a maybe version... I have a thinner cross version that came before this one, which I may like better.... I am still praying about it.  :-)

When I was in Eugene (Oregon), the local newspaper (Register Guard) had advertising stickers that were easily removed and didn't damage the paper too much.  I thought they would be a wonderful product for everyone to use... and especially college towns.  It was a perfect tool for anyone wanting to share their event or group or political statement, and it didn't cause permanent damage. It would be easy to clean up. The only problem was they couldn't make them like a sticker at that time... maybe they have figured out a way to do that by now.     :-)

Another election year is near...  stickers might be a great and inexpensive tool for sharing all our opinions.