4 MAR 2015 :: Catching up.

Today was spent finding sale items for my crafts and goals and other personal project development. I am sorry about yesterday's post.  I got up "late" this morning, and then left before doing much of anything, and nothing on the computer.  Hope that didn't bother anyone who may one day read my words.  :-)  It doesn't seem important to add to yesterday's words.  I may as well just keep going from here.

I like to go to the Salvation Army sale day... when they have things available at 50% off.  You can find treasures at every thrift store... but it takes time and lots of exploring.  I try to get a little of as much as I can. I found things to help me with my craft sales efforts and kitchen things. I try to buy some books, a VHS tape for my collection, and other things I might find as I search. I don't shop at other thrift stores much now... I try to have some money for the Salvation Army 50% off sale day because it makes looking and buying easier.

I decided to buy Pelican Brief for my VHS tape.  I don't think I have it in my collection, but may have had it in the past. I had to get rid of most of my belongings before moving to my son's. I think I kept the Disney Classics I had collected.  I have Matrix because it is about the future (in someone's imagination), and I like Pelican Brief because it is about money and manipulation of our country. I have a few more I hope to find, but still haven't been able to.  I want the first Rocky film, and Overboard.  If I find some of the really old movies I loved to watch as a young one, I might buy them if I have the money at the time.  :-)

I also discovered audio book tapes on Stephen Covey's 7 Habits series.  I haven't yet read the entire book, and one tape was missing, but it seemed like a good addition to my GOALS collection, which has Zig Ziglar and Brian Tracy and some others already in it.  I suppose I will be listening to these tapes through the rest of the week and weekend.  :-)  I learn a lot from some of the great teachers.  I hope to learn more by listening to these tapes.

Today was a hard day because I wanted to get more mileage out of my bus pass for the day...so I went to another sale event at the local recycling thrift store. I'm not sure what they are called, it is where they collect other kinds of things to repurpose... like discarded paper, envelopes, fabrics, office supplies, art supplies, anything that can be saved from the landfill and used by another person.  You have to search in this kind of store, too...but it is both cheaper than buying new art and craft supplies, and helpful to the environment.  Each community organization is different, but the goal and theme of their work is the same.

I didn't make it to WinCo, but I stopped at Safeway on the way home and found a great deal in the discounted meat section.  It will last me for some time... maybe the rest of the month because I cut it up and then freeze it, and then only use it a little bit at a time. 

Not counting food I purchased (cash is the main budget item for me), I wound up spending about $22 buying all my used treasures, and I spent $5 on new items.  :-)  Depending on your life, this can be a lot of money or just a little. In my life, it is a lot.  I won't be going anywhere for awhile... but that's OK... I need to work on my sales!!!