Monday, 23 NOV 2015 :: This is a big week!

It looks like the BIG sale week has arrived, and everyone is trying to get "pre-sales" to get ahead of the crowds.  :-)  I heard one commercial that said the big sale items will be available online, so no need to struggle with crowds.  It is sure changing the holiday shopping atmosphere.  I don't have much money to spend, and I mostly need socks and other things like that, but it is nice to find bargains at big sales I haven't been able to access in the past.  I hope to have more money each year. :-)

==========

My new table arrived today, so I was able to set it up, along with my second small bookcase.  It is beginning to look more organized in here  ( my workspace ), but there is still a ways to go.  In small rooms, it is ESSENTIAL to find a specific place for everything... it helps to keep it working.  I end up forgetting where I put things because I move them around too much.  It looks like I may have a photo-making space soon, so that will help with my listing duties. I am down to four items for sale at Etsy, and one (crowd-funding) GIFT gig at Fiverr... none at eBay... and none possible for Amazon for some time.  My sales activities have no where to go but UP!  :-)  That will be good.

==========

My personal challenge to live on the food I have stored up is really a hard one.  I have always felt for the international relief efforts when food is given out.  They seem to live on one thing, like rice.  I tried that once, but this time it's different.  I have dried items left... lentils, split green peas, bulgur, couscous, and beans like chickpeas, black-eyed peas, mung beans.  I haven't thought ahead far enough to make meals out of all this... with some kind of flavor.  :-)  I guess I forgot about sprouting (mung beans) and split pea soup.  I have been thinking about making hummus with the chickpeas.  And wanted to make some salad-like meals with the bulgur and couscous, but haven't anything to add to it.  I think I will have to get some kind of food resources to compliment these dry goods.  It is helping me lose a little bit of weight... that's good.  :-)   I am still looking for better ideas of how to make an emergency food supply... and will be focusing on full meals with all their supplies.

==========

Well, my blog goals are changing... but all the work I did to create an ongoing writing habit are now hard to break!  By 2016 I hope to have that worked out...  maybe Monday and Thursday... maybe once a week... maybe I will change to newsletters.  It is all being thought about.

==========

Lots of things in the midst of being changed... including my location, and income efforts, and health issues, and work, and goals, and so much more.  It's hard to know how much to write about, but I am learning about that, too.

Talk to you next time... Deb