20 AUG 2014 :: Managing my time.

The days are so full of the small things we have to get done...eating, showering, cleaning, etc. One of my efforts is to create a record of my days. I have it down on one page now (a long evolving process) and it includes a wide variety of information:
  • space for my 10 Daily Goals
  • a record of my food intake for the day (which I now have attached to the food groups and calorie counts)
  • spaces for financial records (income, spending, and bills)
  • some of the daily tasks I need to do for personal and business activities, like reading the Bible, entering the day's prayer focus in a small prayer journal, and [of] when I look at my email, Twitter and Facebook accounts, and other things
  • a place to record mail sent out and mail arriving that day
  • and a new place to remind me of how much time I have and how I am using it
It isn't an exact record, but I am figuring out what needs to [be] listed and what is just general. For example, when I started keeping track of my food, I wanted to record what I at and at what time. Now that I am more interested in watching my food groups, I have created a space that focuses on that. I am trying to decide how I want to record my food amounts now...where to put what information.

Creating a space to remember how I use my time is a new process, too. Wanting to record the information forces me to notice how long it takes to do things, how they add up, etc. When I first heard a sermon by Billy Graham on time, I was caught by his references to the same amount of time all of us have to accomplish what we need to do.  I sat down and tried to estimate how much time was taken up by sleeping (apx 7 hours a day), eating and food preparation -- including snacks and coffee (apx 5 hours a day), personal care time for showers and other things (apx 2 hours a day), and other things. This example already uses up 14 hours of the day. Work would take at least 10-12 hours depending on your travel time, lunch, and whether you work 8 or 10 hour days...which takes you up to or over the allotted 24 hours. Something has to give, and it is usually sleep and food.  This is not good for anyone.

My quest is to decide what is most important, how to fit it into my days, and how to keep from "burning out" and becoming a faithless Christian. Fitting in Bible time, family time, time for friends, time for hobbies, time to daydream, pray, meet new people, attend a class...all of these things are also important to the balanced life. Is GOD able to take care of the world? How important am I? What is essential for me to do, and what can (or must) be done by others.

This is all part of my reasoning for the four day workweek and part-time hours for everyone...as GOD allows. Our family structures and societies are crumbling because of our decision to put money ahead of many other things. When the End Times become harder, we will need to find work for as many Christians as we can...which makes part-time status even more critical. I am trying to decide the boundaries of what Working Together can do as I search the limits and possibilities of my own life.

Right now my body is saying I have to rest. So I will let you think about how to manage the priorities of GOD in your own life and families. Pray for me and Working Together, that GOD will provide for us all by establishing WT outreaches and programs.  Thank you.