1 APR 2015 :: No joking here...what I remember.

When I was a kid, and our pranks were harmless diversions like "There's a spider on your shirt!" -- April Fool's Day was just a small moment in time. I still don't know how it officially began, or why, but it marks the US calendar.  The last time I heard anything about the jokes that occur was a news story that was fake, and on the internet...and I think it was something everyone knew about, done yearly. You can see how much I pay attention to it.........

I was busy with my "to do" list of things that need to get done.  :-)  And trying to last through the day. My body is capturing a lot of my attention in these later years. . . sorry to say. . . and I am not able to "go the distance" like I once was.  When I win the lottery, I will hire people to help me.  :-)

I didn't hear the news today, so I have no idea what is happening in the world... I did see a brief overview on Yahoo as I left my emails, but that is it. I debate, all the time, whether it is healthy to listen to the news... I went for years not having a TV, but I suppose I heard news on the radio.  Christian radio doesn't have much news, but it highlights the earth-shaking events in GOD's realm.  I suppose the world is included somewhere in that shaking.  :-) 

When I am out of the news loop, and all the other media loops, I am focused on Bible time and prayer and whatever work is in my world at that time.  I think I told you already that there was a long period, maybe three years, when I didn't read anything because I was busy trying to survive doing 24-hour childcare.  I didn't even notice it until long after that occupation ended.

It makes me think about what really matters.  Is my place in the world events going to make a difference?  Is what I hear worth all the trouble that comes with it?  Maybe it's better not to know... that cabin in the woods looks really nice to me at those moments.

I like to think deeply about serious issues, and try to understand them, how they affect us, what might be a decent solution, and whether there is anything I could possibly do to make the changes I think are necessary.  That is probably why I wrote to countless government offices, including the Presidential address, about my views.  Low-income, poverty imprisoned lives don't have much of a voice...we just have to make our way through the social program gauntlet...and hope we make it to the next meal, the next shelter, the next dollar.  Writing letters is my only option for contributing to the betterment of my world.

GOD didn't choose to bless my efforts...He must have had a reason.  I always look at the current place I am and ask why He has me here, who is here/what is happening that I had to encounter?  In most of our lives, we would never go to some places unless GOD forces us there by circumstance, using the Enemy at times.  Some of those terrible memories come to me when I encounter a need to remember them.  They have given me the direction I keep moving...and I hope to find just a little rest before I die.  :-(