16 OCT 2014 :: Christian faith and crowd-funding

Well....I have been looking into crowd-funding beyond Kickstarter, really looking for Christian options, and they aren't many. I discovered Faith Launcher (www.faithlauncher.com) and decided to start a campaign to see what happens. I am in the process of discovering the requirements and filling out the online forms.

I had to register with a Word Press site to add my own avatar to the site. That linked to my social media sites (Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and others I don't have or know about. I couldn't get my Yahoo link to work.) I also have to register with something called "WePay," which I think must be like PayPal.  Kickstarter is associated with Amazon Payments. I don't know about the others yet.

Trying to explain my situation is always a challenge. I am also trying to work out the Reward tiers. I am up to $100 USD, and trying to decide how high to go. There are no instructions on the limits and when I go to the Preview screen it doesn't show all the levels I started but haven't filled in. Tonight I will be trying to decide what to try for...go high or medium high. I would love ANY decent amount of money right now... Today I am frustrated and I just cannot believe the path GOD has taken me on since 1975...and especially the last fifteen years.  :-(

I made the account in Working Together's name, so the project has to be associated with it. I debated about setting the account up for a personal project.  :-)  Mostly, I want Working Together to make enough money with its sales to pay me a wage!  :-)

I'm not sure what the text limits are on explaining your situation and what you are requesting the funding for. I will find out the next time I work on it.

I remembered why I didn't go ahead with the effort the last time...it required a video. Now I see a photo may be enough...I have to figure that out.

I was going through my Goal Notebook this morning and looking at different goals I have, and trying to add notes about how to achieve them. Crowd-funding was one of them, which is why I went ahead and started the Christian campaign today.

I also revised my personal income goal to a 20-hour work week at $15/hour...as far as WT is concerned. I tend to work at something most of the time, but that wage level would give me $1200 gross income per month. Adding my Social Security income would make it about $1600/month (gross), which is more than I have probably ever earned in my life! :-(   I would keep going with my online sales efforts, and that would replace my WT income later on.

When you begin to formulate the details of your goals, it can become quite a process. I don't have official SMART Goals yet, but they are forming as I work to organize my lists.

Anyway, after working out the details for my WT wage goal, and estimating benefits and employer taxes, I discovered it would take about $20,000/year in cash to have a PT employee, including myself. To hire 50 PT employees I need at least $1,000,000 each year.  That is a lot of money. I am trying to figure out how many repeating memberships that would require, and other program incomes.

I keep wondering if I should go ahead and include the employee needs in my request. It has been such a hard time getting to today, I hardly feel like GOD is going to provide through a crowd fund. :-)  BUT, I don't want to deprive Him of the opportunity either!

As I work through all these issues, please PRAY for me and for Working Together. I am desperate for several financial needs just to keep going and pass WT on to the one GOD has planned it for... I really want to get my mailing address back...and that means I need a miracle right now!  

I don't have a church to ask, so I am putting it out for the world to see and hoping GOD has someone out there listening...someone with a big checkbook!  :-)   I always hope for the best and wait to see what GOD does. No matter who interferes, GOD is the one in charge. I have to remember that, and try to see what He is doing.

Until next week...