8 DEC 2014 :: Planning for the future, getting through the present.

It's hard to get through the days when your health is like a roller coaster: up, down, up down.... :-) I do what I can, and pray for wisdom on the rest.  I am more aware of my fragile nature, and that all I want to accomplish will be left for someone else, or no one. 

I was able to create some new bead items with the recycled supplies I have on hand. And have a variety of projects in different stages.  It is good to have something done.  Once I make photos, and decide what to give as gifts, what to sell, and where to list them, I will begin to make listings at Etsy, eBay, and other options that are in process.  I can't make it for Christmas, but we are already planning items for next year.  :-)

I hope to catch up with some of these income activities by next weekend, but only GOD knows the future.

I am heading into a better schedule for me.  Monday through Thursday as an online work week is good for me... Trying to decide what to do with the weekends has been part of my prayers since beginning this.  I will need to make notes for my sales sites when I finally decide.  It will be better for me to have time for creating and time for ongoing activities.  I think the world will survive these needs, and I am praying that GOD will provide for my needs in the midst of these boundaries.

I caught up with my Facebook page today... and discovered a new seed catalog called Rare Seeds. The website is http://www.rareseeds.com and there are amazing foods available there.  You can order their 2015 catalog now... and look at the current/last catalog online.  Heirloom seeds are really very important for our future... get as many as you can.

I watched a video, finally, with the volume on, about the earth and our survival. I can only remember the hashtag: #earthlings -- because the video makes the point that we are all earthlings (man, animal, plant, land, water, sea, air...  well, I may have gone a little beyond their definition... the message is very essential to our survival... how we view ourselves creates our view of others, and defines how we treat the earth and its earthlings.  It is about a 10-minute video, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix ( I don't know how he spells his name, this is the spell-checker version.).  I hope you can find it with the hashtag.

I don't want to comment right now on the deaths by police of several black people, but I can't avoid making comments on the issues that are involved in their existence. Black people are not the only victims of police violence, and many great police officers are victims of criminal violence.  It is not a simple issue, not just a race issue...it is a very important policy issue that needs to protect both sides of the public safety issues we are seeing now. I would like a wider view into the deaths by police issue... make it more than a Black conflict. We depend on our police as a community force to protect us.  Without them, without good people willing to do their jobs, we will all suffer.

I guess I could share a comment I heard on a Christian program today.  June Hunt is a new program on a local Christian station in Portland, OR, USA.  She deals a lot with the emotions of suicide and forgiveness.  Today she mentioned a plaque she has in her office somewhere. I thought it was a great statement.

To err is human,
to blame it on someone else is more human.

Isn't that the truth!!!   :-)

I hope we can find a better way to handle our problems. We see the "blame game" every day in the media. It doesn't seem to help us, or solve our really BIG problems.