5 AUG 2015 :: I guess I better watch the Republican debate

I haven't been able to keep up with the news, having left my radio and TV off the past many days so I can focus on other things, and wishing for more silence, and wanting to find a new schedule.  I've been seeing bits and pieces here and there as a I post, through the little bits of news I see, and online sources.  I think this next election is a real sign of America's difficult state of being.  There's no way to know what the next President will face, but the entire world is struggling to deal with debt issues and bankruptcy.  America's reputation is on fumes because of our own debt issues.  If the economy falls next term, it will be blamed on someone, probably the Republicans because the media is primarily owned by liberal entities.

How many names are we considering?  The news tonight said there are 17 Republicans.  I think the last number I heard for the Democrats was 4, and maybe Joe Biden.  Mr. Trump may go to an independent party before the election gets here.  We have some repeaters and some new efforts.

I keep saying that only GOD knows who will win, and what the future holds, and why that person will be picked.  Part of the equation is the fulfillment of prophecies that are due in our time.  I haven't picked anyone special myself.  Another comment I made about the campaign is that the process is just as important as the election.  It allows conversations that we don't permit to happen at other times in our national history.  I hope it becomes a very meaningful process, that it causes us to look hard at our country and the problems we are facing.



In other parts of my life, I am still working on my diet and nutrition focus for losing weight.  I spent most of the day trying to figure out a way to plan the 21day Fix menus before I go shopping. I wound up modifying that into a mix of USDA materials and my own desires for eating.  I think I will need to find out the calorie amounts on some of my food choices.  It is a long process, but I hope to make permanent changes.

I started making some real menus today and discovered (remembered) how hard of an activity that is.  I use to make monthly menus for the government program that was part of my childcare efforts years ago.  I think it was a USDA reimbursement program, but I am not sure... it has been 20 or more years since I did that.  :-)  Maybe it was 30 years...yes, I think is was 30 or more years ago!

Now that I am older, and doing this for nutrition purposes, the choices are very different.  It will be interesting to see what I come up with.

If I can figure out how to upload something to this blog, I will try to share something with you.  Until tomorrow, may GOD watch over all of us, especially those who love Him.